I first came to know about Affilorama through my use of Traffic Travis (I’ll be posting a review of this awesome tool soon). Affilorama is a website designed by the same developers(Mark Ling and team) specifically for people new to Affiliate Marketing. Many have touted affiliate marketing as one of the easiest methods of making money online but the truth is, that provided you have had previous experience in marketing along with at least some technical inclination, it can be a steep learning curve.
Before I came across Affilorama, I had to scour forums and Wikipedia to find out more on Internet Marketing and about the ins and outs of the trade. There is a lot of free content out there if you know where to look, but Affilorama makes it convenient for the budding Internet Marketer by having all the information you need conveniently in one location. The best part? It’s FREE.
By signing up for a free Affilorama membership, you get access to has over 70 hours of video, including lessons, tips and interviews with leading names in the affiliate and online marketing industry. It also has a comprehensive forum which is moderated by real affiliate experts who can answer your questions and give you advice.
You can check out their free membership here:
http://www.joshuasiaw.com/blog/visit/affiloramafreemembership/ (affiliate link).
For the more advanced marketer, Affilorama also offers Premium membership which is a monthly subscription providing members with a monthly affiliate marketing web-magazine, a suite of pro-level internet marketing tools and web hosting. I got an upsell for this package when I signed on for the free membership so I thought I’d give it a go and see what was offered (there’s currently a 7-day trial for $1 that’s available. The normal rate is $67 dollars a month).
For this review, I’ll provide several demo videos of features found in the members area as well as my thoughts on who will benefit most from using this product.
Affilorama 2010 Premium Edition Content
This video just gives a bird’s eye view of the main features of the membership.
This video gives you a look at the monthly PDF magazine and some of the articles provided in their monthly PLR articles zip package.
This video shows the Market Strength Analyzer tool which allows you to gauge the market strength of a particular keyword. It also suggests alternatives to your original keyword.
This video shows the Social Snoop tool which is a cool way to find social sites related to your keyword. You can then comment on those sites to generate backlinks to your own site.
This video shows the Trusted Sites tool. This tool searches .gov and .edu sites related to your keyword that you can link to. These sites are valuable because they can give you a big boost in your rankings.
This video shows the Backlink Checker tool. This tool allows you to spy on your competition and find out where they are getting their backlinks from. This tool doesn’t seem to handle larger sites well though. I put in two sites that still show ‘in progress’ after a whole day.
There are other tools like PPC Generator, Article Spin, etc but I thought the ones I demoed were some of the more useful ones. Just for your information they have a total of 13 marketing tools in the Premium section.
I didn’t bother making a video on this feature because if you’ve gotten your own web hosting before, this won’t be anything new to you. The important features were already covered in the Overview video. Something to note though, is that though they allow you to host up to 15 unique domains, you still need to buy the domain names through a registrar. It is not covered in their hosting plan.
What’s Awesome About This Product
- great tools – there are quite a number of useful tools provided that will definitely help affiliate marketers save time.
- great content – the magazine isn’t just rehashed content that can be found anywhere on the web. What makes it fresh are the different interviews provided each month. There were some typos and such, but hopefully this improves in subsequent issues.
- 60 money back guarantee – For me, 30 days is usually too short a time period to test something. Stuff happens, and results usually can’t be seen in such a short amount of time so I much prefer 60 days. This product is managed by ClickBank so you should have no hassle getting you money back should you choose to apply for a refund. I’ve done that before and they are very responsive, replying and refunding me in a day or two.
What’s NOT Awesome About This Product
- Limited domain hosting – this here puzzles me. If this is a membership for affiliate marketers, it stands to reason that you should be providing a lot more than 15 domains. If it were a one off payment I’d understand but as a monthly subscription, it just doesn’t make sense because you can get unlimited domains for good hosting companies for $7-10 a month. I hope they revise this plan in the future. As it stands, it is the least attractive feature to me out of the lot.
Who I Think It Is For
- if you don’t have existing marketing tools and you are looking for good ones, I would recommend this for you.
- if you’re a free member of Affilorama and are looking for more advanced stuff, then I would definitely encourage you to try the trial and have see if it suits your needs.
- if you’re generating a steady income from your affiliate marketing and are looking to reinvest some of that into good tools and increase your knowledge on the subject then I think this would be a great fit for you.
Who I Think It Is NOT for
- if you already have a good suite of marketing tools that you use, then I think you should stick to them. Once you take away the tools and hosting, the monthly magazine and PLR content alone doesn’t seem worth $67 a month.
- if you are new to Internet Marketing and don’t have money to spare, this is probably not for you. Check out the free version instead till you’re ready to go Premium. You can sign up for the free version (affiliate link).
Judging from the structure of the product, it seems to make the most sense for people who are currently free members and are ready to take the next step in affiliate marketing. The hosting, tools and monthly magazine would make perfect sense.
Personally, I’ve got mixed feelings about this product. My trial subscription just expired and I’ve already been charged $67 for the first month but I’m still on the fence as to whether I should continue or not. For me, the tools and web hosting are nice to have but not mission critical. With that in mind, the only thing I find that makes a difference is the monthly magazine so I might just let it go on for another month to see what the next issue of the magazine has to offer.
While I might be on the fence, this product might be perfect for some of you. If that’s you then you can go here (I get a few bucks if you end up buying):
to check it out.
Has this review been helpful to you? Comment below so I can improve!